Thursday 20 September 2012

Dear me ...

Dear me

I know you would be gazing out of the window as you read this letter and thinking "What the hell is this ! " . And as you read the previous line you would have a faint smile on your lips . See how well I know you .

You love change . Yes I know you can't stick to anything for long.  But you must realize ever time you metamorphose into a new person , people around you might not realize that .  It might take them some time to get used to the new you . Don't get irritated, don't panic . These people love you. Give them some time to get used to the new you (which is very frequent ...sigh !)

Writing , dancing , Painting,  every time you move from one hobby to another people make fun of you claiming you cannot stick to one thing. But I know why you do this . Your desire is not to master anything , but to experience the new ! (But every time you move on to something new do you mind clearing away all the clutter you created by storing all the canvas , paints , threads etc etc )

I love the unpredictable you . You fought with everyone for a career . You didn't shy away from the politics at work. You fought headlong . You got what you deserved each time. And then just when everyone expected you to rise further in your career , you decided one fine day to take a break. For everyone it was a rash step . But I know you take decisions in minutes and never worry about the consequences . Sometimes you just have to make the decision to be happy and follow your heart. I don't have to advise you on that right ? You are doing well (wink wink).


Life my dear, is one big masquerade party. People wear masks all the time . Every mask has a person behind it. Some people wear masks to hide their true self whereas others might wear it just to hide their vulnarablity . Its ok to wear the mask of courage when you might be shivering from inside, its ok to wear a mask of interest just to make your friend feel wanted , its ok to wear the mask of enthusiasm just to make the kids happy. But it is not ok to cheat someone wearing a mask of innocence . That is wrong  .
And if someone decideds to take off their mask in front of you , respect them , appreciate them. Embarace them with open arms ...


Coming on to the topic of motherhood . I know you are worried about being a good parent. There is no right or wrong when it comes to parenting. Sometimes you just have to go with your instincts. Just make sure you give your kids enough freedom so that they can think on their own . But keep a watch. They are young and can be easily influenced. Try to be a good parent first and then their best friend.

Another advise : Stop Pretending to be happy when you don't feel happy !
The more you push aside your feelings underneath your fake smile, the more the pressure builds inside
Open up and spill your heart out.
Don't try to suppress your emotions. Its ok to let everyone know now and then that you are not happy . You too need attention and care.


And how can I sign off without commenting on your ego !!! Your big inflated ego !!! Stop wiggling your nose now ! (smile! smile!) . Sometimes you just have to let go a few things . Forget and Forgive.
Everyone makes a mistake now and then (Don't try to look like a saint now ! This includes you as well !!) . Thats why we are given such a long life ...make mistakes , realize it , correct it or just acknowledge it and move on . Each mistake that we realize makes us a better human being. Just don't stop living ...

And yes be proud of yourself always ... Never feel bad about being just an ordinary person. All the perfect people move aside !!! Here comes our Ms ordinary :)

PS : One more tip : You don't have to be guilty of little insincerities towards others .Its all a part of the game called - Life !

You know I love you a lot with all your +ves and -ves and will always be there with you .

This post is part of the contest A letter to yourself.. on WriteUpCafe.com


Take Care,

21 comments:

  1. Lovely, I was just about to ask you to submit the entry to Write Up cafe in case you were not aware of it already. 'Never feel bad about being just an ordinary person' Wow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. refreshing and a hatke(different) read

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..came to me like a breath of fresh air:) Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing well TTT and experiencing all the things you love...that is life. Yeah you have to be proud of yourself !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ jaish : I myself have gone thro the phase when I wanted to do something diff untill I realized you can be happy by just being plain ordinary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Vinisha : Thanks you dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Amit : thanks ...

    @ Engram : thanks :) you can love others only if you love yourself first .. so love urself and spread the love around :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cool concept! There is beauty in being ordinary too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 2nd and 3rd paragraph is like me is describing me! When i finished it, me has pepped me up :)
    Good luck on the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Throughout the letter I was seeing myself and smiling..liked it..All the luck for the contest..

    ReplyDelete
  11. TTT---You are awesome!! Purity and simplicity are the two wings with which a human being soars...I wish you all the best in life!! Lovely...

    ATB for the contest too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ". Never feel bad about being just an ordinary person."

    LOVED THIS LINE

    I am so glad I am jsut a normal ordinary person myself .. a Mr. nobody.. But I a happy ..

    good one

    and Loved the PS tooo :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Dibya and Rachana : Thank you :)

    @Meoww and Ranita : all women have some similarity that binds them together ;)

    Panchali : Your comments always pep up my day ..

    Bikram : So from one ordinary person to another "we are the best ;) "

    ReplyDelete
  14. //Writing , dancing , Painting, every time you move from one hobby to another people make fun of you claiming you cannot stick to one thing.//

    HA! That sounds SO much like me! and those work portions too! Loved your post to bits, especially where you have told its okay to let people know that you're seeking attention! Love it to bits!

    Do stop by my blog!! I'd love your visits & comments! v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kappu ...and you do have a w'ful blog out there

      Delete
  15. Sweet one.
    All the best for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this letter TTT :)

    It is so beautifully written - straight from the heart <3

    Hugs for this one from one ordinary person to another ;)

    Wish you all the best for the contest.

    BTW loved the new look of your blog; following you!!!

    ReplyDelete