Saturday 15 September 2012

I am lonely ...




I stand in the corner of the garden
Looking proud and tall
I have the whole world
at my feet
No way that I could fall

You kiss my tiny white flowers
Look at me with the longing eyes
I smile wide
And you smile back
To say 'I understand you darling'

Today I stand in the corner of the garden
Trying hard to catch your eye
You are busy on the phone
And I am bleeding
from my heart

My fragrance fill the air
to catch your attention
I look at you with longing eyes
Have I become
a part of your life
So much
That you forgot my existence ?


You notice my wilted flowers
You rush inside
to get a glass of water
The world news on the TV
catches your attention
and the glass of water
remains by your side


Today you water me
Smile at me
And ask me
what is wrong
Why am I not smiling back at you
The way I always do ?

Darling
Broken heart can be mended
But broken spirit
Can it be mended ?



Take Care,

20 comments:

  1. There is some philosophy of life in your poetry...Have become a part of your life so much that you have forgotten me...How true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!! that's a lovely treat to start the day with..beautiful poetry..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Dilip ... yes it does apply to life ...we at times take a person or object so granted that we forget about their existence.

    Thanks Ranita ...our comment made my day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we do have a responsibility for all that we love. One day though even the flower must stand on it's own and in doing so produce its offspring to leave home and find others to tend them too. A most touching piece of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing is worse than love wasted upon the uncaring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @oldegg : thanks
    @Altonian : yes agree ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very touching poem TTT....You've penned it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TTT,

    Fabulous!! What a post!! Power talk! I loved it completely.
    It is always hard to address the hurts that are inside...the last line says it all :)
    Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superbly done TTT :)
    Powerful the message you conveyed. Beautiful click! and I notice gorgeous look of your blog! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Valli : thank you so much

    @ Panchali : sometimes the hurt just remains within ... I just tried to bring it out. I am really glad that you liked it

    @Simran : wow you noticed the new look :) thank you !!!!

    @Rajesh : Thank you very much !

    ReplyDelete
  11. first of all, the pic is lovely....I could feel the his/her pain at feeling like part of the furniture....

    ReplyDelete
  12. TTT,
    I have used part of your poem on my latest post 'India I (don't) Care' at http://indiaicaremovement.blogspot.in/2012/09/india-i-dont-care.html
    as it perfectly drives home a harsh truth. I hope you have no objection. Thanks

    Dilip

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never take love for granted! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome,heart touching one TTT ....loved the pic :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful and the last two lines say it all..

    a broken heart can be mended but the soul is ir-reparable

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Joanne : Thanks very much. What more could I have asked for .

    A big thank you Magiceye , Vinisha and Bikram .

    @Dilip : Thank you. I am honored !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many can relate with this poem. However, there is so much of emotion in these lines,
    "You are busy on the phone
    And I am bleeding
    from my heart"

    Simple yet profound!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Touching lines... the last lines take away the crown though:)

    ReplyDelete