Wednesday 7 November 2012

The House Fairy


You see me cleaning the scribbles on the wall
You bow and make me feel like a queen
'I am proud of you darling
You keep my house oh so clean'

I get back my lost confidence
As I look lovingly at the sparkling wall
I feel a rush of adrenaline
For it shines like a trophy above all

With a new vigor in my step
I shake up all the cushions on the sofa
As the dust fly out like demon
I feel a sense of freedom

I am surprised at my strength
I reach out for the broom
As I remove all the cobwebs
standing tall over the chair in the room

That night as I go to sleep
All my worries dumped in trash
I can't help but pat  my back
I am ready now to start my life afresh

I say good bye to you
My life with you cleaned , vacuumed, washed and dried
With dignity confidence and new strength
I am ready to take on the new life with pride



Take Care,

18 comments:

  1. This was so sweet TTT...something very different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) just struck me while I was cleaning the house and thinking when will i finish this boring thing ;)

      Delete
  2. Diwali cleaning?!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha .... I just started my Diwali cleaning when I felt like writing thi ...guess now cleaning will have to wait until next year :D

      Delete
  3. Looking at everything poetically :)
    good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice poem :)captures the travails of housekeeping..

    ReplyDelete
  5. We forget any worries while cleaning! so true! Good one TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...making a hill out of a mole
    and a wonderful poem out of a chore!
    Drudgery made refreshing, Tangy, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) reminds me I need to do a lot of cleaning this weekend ...


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice TTT. Enjoyed the read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright TTT! Good one. Clean fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure, your poem would come to my mind while I would be cleaning! How innovative TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the blog title and was wondering what it was about, now I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew, how much of this can I relate to??? Almost ALL!! ;) Love the house fairy!

    Would love to hear from you! Do stop by my blog! *cheers*

    ReplyDelete