Thursday 20 December 2012

My little miracle

He banged his head on the wall ...pushed the chair with force ...knocked down the jug of water...threw the pen stand on bed...
"Oh my god ! only a miracle can save me now ! 
"Why! why did I get fired ! C'mmon having frequent coffee is not a sin ! Help me God help me !
I have to pay my EMI
I have to Pay Nidhi's Insurance premium
House rent
I hope my Boss meets with and accident !
I don't want to pay my EMI ! 
I hope I get a great job! Now ! 
I hope something ...something happens to the house owner
I hope somehow I don't have to Nidhi's premium
Help ! Help me ! Take me away ! I don't want to live anymore  ! I need a miracle"
He emptied the entire bottle of whiskey and flung himself on the bed. Pretty soon he was snoring away.

Next day morning he woke up with a start . The sun was already shining brightly
Did it matter ? He had nothing to do except apply for jobs the whole day .
He logged into his personal mail
He couldn't believe his eyes .  There was a mail from Softtell . He remembered he has given an interview there few months back. He rejected the offer at that time as their salary didn't match his expectations . Now as per this mail they were ready to increase his salary. His was a niche skill and they were not able to find anyone else .
He immediately called their office . The HR assured him the mail was not a hoax .
"Oh my God ! Oh My God ! Thank you ! Thank you so much ! "
He prepared a cup of tea and came up to the balcony with the newspaper. "You are pumpkin pumpkin... Hello Honey Bunny  " His phone started singing. He picked up the call. It was Geeta on the other end,
"Can you believe it dude !!! Can you just believe it !!!" She sounded excited.
"What is it ? " He was hardly interested in what was going on there in the office.
"Our Boss ...the villain ...he met with an accident last night ! He is in the ICU and looks like his chances of recovery is very less."
He just couldn't believe his ears . Suddenly it struck him . Was this the miracle he wanted so badly?
He kept the phone down and composed himself. He took a sip of his tea and opened the newspaper.
The headlines caught him by surprise . "All computers of MoneyBank blown up" . He read further. Hmmm... so a storm caused some power mess up and the whole system along with the records was blown up. It seemed like the next step for the bank would be to declare bankruptcy.
He felt completely shaken up. Wasit really happening? Could somebody pinch him please !
He wished he had asked for loads of money instead of all this .  How he wished for another chance .
"Honey Bunny ..Honey Bunny " His phone started ringing again. Oh the Landlord. "Hello Ji " He heard his landlords cheerful voice.  So his landlord was safe and sound. He let out a sigh of relief . To think it was his miracle happening! He had been really stupid!
"Beta Ji I am going to Singapore for six months. My sons wife has delivered. I don't know anything about internet and all. So you keep my rent safely with you. I will come back and collect it .  Ok beta ji ? "
His hands were shaking now . "WHAT THE HELL!!!" He stared shivering. He felt a cool breeze down his spine. He felt very uneasy.
Suddenly he saw a shadow moving towards him .He felt dizzy. He could make out two horns on the shadow's head. He remembered the last wish he had made . Yama ! God of death himself had come to take him ! He felt his legs going numb . Everything around him blurred ....

He felt something cool on his face. Water ! He looked around. It was raining and the water was coming into his balcony. He got up. Looked at his mobile. My God ! He had been lying there for five hours !
Let me make some more tea. I need to clear my head and then check out if  this was all a dream or reality.
He slowly walked towards the kitchen.

He took water from the tap and kept the saucepan on the gas." Uff what a day " He murmured.. He took the matchbox and lighted it . His eyes fell on the bright yellow sticky post on the fridge. A note from Nidhi . "We knew this was coming. Of late you have been totally in your world completely ignoring me.This is a good bye . I will send you the divorce papers shortly. Don't try to reach me. "
He felt like someone was banging his head with a hammer.  He felt the need to splash some cold water on his face . He slowly walked towards the bathroom . He was about to turn the tap on when he realized he had just walked through the closed bathroom door.



Take Care,

9 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Woah, what a tale. He walked through a closed door? Lovely twist given at the very end. This was good stuff. :)

    Regards

    Jay
    My Blog | My FB Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooowww... You made it scary!!! Nice Post!! waiting for miracles here as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooowwww this was superbly narrated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O-M-G...what was that...something really exceptional dear...its simply WOW... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant!! Loved the tangy twist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are good with twists !! Your name really suits you..TTT

    ReplyDelete