Sunday 9 December 2012

You are mine ...only mine

Aravind looked at Bindu. How peacefully she was sleeping ... like a baby . She looked so peaceful and angelic with her silky black hair falling across her forehead. She was the picture of relaxation with her lovely hands folded up against her cheek. No it cannot be true . She was not that kind of a person. And they were now married for fifteen years . In fact next month it would be sixteen
years. She would never do that. But what about the flowers and gifts that she had suddenly started receiving ?  There was never a from name or address on them.

"Its from a friend darling " she would reply sweetly. "A girl" she would add that again very sweetly.
 Aravind got up from the bed. There was definitely something wrong. Even her behavior towards him had changed. She no longer asked him to accompany her for shopping. She preferred going alone. In fact the other day when he offered to drop her to office , she refused. Now days she didn't even insist him to eat extra chapati. She actually served his dinner in front of the TV and went inside to read book. She even spent most of her time on weekends browsing.
Was he going to lose her ?

It was true that as he climbed the ladder of success his family time had reduced. It had been almost five years since they went on a real holiday. Whenever they got long weekends they would rush to Kerala to meet his parents. Earlier Bindu would crib about it the whole time . But now a days she hardly mentioned the word holiday. "Was it because that guy was in Bangalore that she didn't want to go anywhere ? "

He glanced at the tiny alarm clock by their bedside. He remembered how happy Bindu was when she opened the wrapper and the alarm clock popped out with a message "keep thinking of me 24 hrs" . There was no name on the gift. "Its one of my friends from college days. We recently met on FB and this is her way  of telling me to keep in touch" Bindu had explained to him. He had believed her then. But now as he held the tiny alarm in his hands , he wondered ...

And then the other day he came back home from office and the door was locked . He had tried calling Bindu , but she didn't pick up her phone. Finally she came after an hour and all she had said was " Sorry darling ... I completely forgot about the time. And by the way I didn't cook anything tonight , shall we go out for dinner ?  You can pick up your call from the restaurant na ?" The ever complaining Bindu didn't say a word even though he was on phone through out the dinner.

And those beautiful flowers that were delivered at midnight on Diwali. "Someone is playing a prank on me " Bindu had replied sheepishly .

Aravind looked at Bindu again. She was smiling in her sleep. He looked again. Yes unmistakably she was smiling.

No he was not going to let some idiot take away his Bindu. Or was it too late now ? Anyway he was not going to let her go without a fight.
He took out his Blackberry and applied for a sick leave.
"Good morning honey ! " Aravind said as he kissed Bindu on her cheeks .
"Here's your masala chai to start the day ! "
"Uh ... you prepared the tea ? " asked a surprised Bindu
"Anything for you darling ...anything for you "
He switched off his mobile for the whole day. It was just him and Bindu. He felt her awkwardness at times. But he was not a man to give up so easily.
"We are going to Thailand to celebrate our sixteenth wedding anniversary" Aravind declared taking Bindu in his arms ...
"Really ? But what will your parents say"
"C'mmon ! Its our day ...Let us celebrate it together! "
The next few days flew by very quickly...Beauty parlor , shopping ...Bindu hardly got time for anything .
Finally bags were packed and they were ready to fly out the next day.
Bindu ticked the items on her list
Inform the maid
Inform the newspaper guy
Inform the milkman
"OOps I completely forgot something ! "
"What is it sweetheart ? "
"Give me a minute , I will be back. Have to inform my friend to look after the dog. "
"Why don't you just call her"
"I will be back in five minutes"

Soon Bindu was in a flower shop. She quickly selected the flower .
"Is it the same address ma'm ? " The shopkeeper asked ?
"Nope" Bindu replied and handed over the slip with address


Take Care,

46 comments:

  1. Thoroughly, thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed...
    ladies are clever...
    Clever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u ! thank u , thank u :)))))))))))
      of course we women are very clever ...shall i say cleverest of the species ;)

      Delete
  2. Sending flowers for herself?! ha ha ... nice, intelligent! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made us proud, TTT! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Panchali ! after a long time ! how are you ?

      Delete
    2. Yes...sorry about that, TTT. Somehow I am missing the alerts. Please pardon me.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. he he he ...finally back to my topic i specialize in :)

      Delete
  5. Hah well done Bindu. Husbands need to be kept on their toes. Loved it totally. .. which woman wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes ! If challenges are what the husbands looking for ...lets throw it at them ;)

      Delete
  6. BANG ON TTT - loved this one!

    I do this to myself you know, though I am not married. But you gave me ideas to continue doing this. As of now I think I dont need someone to make me feel special I am special myself..but I guess now I will keep doing this more often if it promises to end up like the way you mentioned above ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even I keep doing this now and then... I love flowers and gifts so once in a while I just gift myself flowers and gifts :)))

      Delete
  7. Smart Bindu!
    Beautiful post TTT :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol.....thoroughly enjoyed the story.....absolutely endearing and really Smart Bindu ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes very smart ! happy that you enjoyed the story ...

      Delete
  9. hahahahahahaha,
    am still laughing hard.
    and I will remember this for future reference, if you know what i mean
    regards,
    asteria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha future reference ! good luck :)

      Delete
  10. A very witty post ! I wondered till the very end what was going on, but it ended so perfectly. I simply loved it, a profound stories. I guess I have enjoyed a story so much after a long time :D Thanks, a lot TTT, it was superbly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved the story and the climax was awesome.. You were able to held the attention till the vry end.. gud job buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey.. that was a good one ! I had to re-read the ending to get it ! This can be easily be made into a short story.. you could get it published :) or a half an hour episode can be made :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow ! I am so thankful to you for the lovely comment ...I am so happy that you liked it !

      Delete
  13. That was a good trick.Some men need a jolt to come awake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely! Modifying lessons as per the need of the student!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Very clever! I loved the twist in the end! Write more fiction ! You are brilliant at it! Loved this one!

    My world, my thoughts, m musings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Upasana ... thank you very much for the lovely comment ! I will try to come up with something good soon ...

      Delete
  16. I came across your fictional story and liked it a lot so here is my take on the same. Though the story written by me is true. Check it out here. http://mythistical.blogspot.in/2012/12/the-flowers.html
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krishna ... I am glad that you liked the story .. and thank you for sharing your link .

      Delete
  17. Love is in the airrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :) for sure

    and a good way to get a holiday out , to thailand he he he

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he he .... yeah men love competition ... so why not give them one ;)

      Delete
  18. Wow TTT..great post with tempo till the end !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovey story with a great twist towards the end! Thoroughly enjoyed reading this gripping narrative:)

    ReplyDelete