Friday 1 March 2013

Sisters ...

There is a look of worry in her eyes
As she held against her chest the teddy bear
"Are you sure mommy is not coming back ? "
She asks her big sister holding back a tear

But who will feed me and bathe me
who will take care of me
Oh I feel so frightened
Now is it just really you and me ?

Have you heard of orphanage
that is where they send little girls
whose mom and dad leave
and big sisters refuse to take care

Will you take care of me ?
she asked with eyes wide
You can have my share of chocolates
and your books I promise will never hide

Alright I will take care of you
After all I happen to be your big sister
Now let me help you to go to bed
tomorrow we will see how we can pick up the thread

The big sister goes and picks up the phone
"Yeah mommy the little one is already in the bed "
Enjoy your movie and don't forget
My gift for babysitting and the KFC Bucket !


This one is for my dear sister . We had a wonderful childhood ...she was the one who taught me the facts of life ...introduced me to the world of books and the world of threading and waxing ...gave me tips on bunking , enjoying college life ... the list is endless . Thank you dear sis for making my childhood so wonderful !
There is no one quite like you ...and dear people who usually see the halo on her head let me tell you , I have seen the horns behind :D



Take Care,

25 comments:

  1. Hmm...I have only one sibling and thats a brother...Having a sibling is an awesome thing....And yes, sisters are indeed special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I don't have a brother :( but a sister sure is a blessing !

      Delete
  2. lol! That was fantastic! The end a big relief! Well crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sis has the halo upfront and the horns behind - I sure hope you have a halo behind for I sure can see the horns rather prominently :)

    All the moving imagery at the beginning to end with a KFC bucket?? You really are a devil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha ... and I love to show off my horns ;)

      Delete
  4. As a little sister myself, I completely identify with you! Sharing this with my big sister for a few laughs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do let me know what your sis says ! My sister is yet to read the post ;)

      Delete
  5. That's a sweet poem TTT! Lovely dedication to all the sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great indeed! Sisters are wonderful siblings!!
    Wonderfully written:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah Amit ...sisters are wonderful ....

      Delete
  7. Nice piece of memory penned well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well written. And guess what? We may not admit. But Little sisters are the best siblings to have.
    -An elder sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats really sweet of you !!! and welcome to the blog :)

      Delete
  9. Wat a lovely post! I have 2 lovely sisters & I am gonna send them link to this post! Awesome...M following now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thats so sweet Shaivi ! hope your sisters like it !

      Delete
  10. I am the eldest one in my entire extended family, so I got enough shares of babysitting without KFC bucket. Nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah then I must say you are a very sweet elder sis !

      Delete
  11. You, You are awesome always... unique style...
    Kudos TTT :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was frighteningly naughty. As an elder sister who was "bugged" by her younger sister incessantly as children, I know I have played my (un)fair share in adding to her fears about the Big Bad World :P

    Brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete