Monday 29 July 2013

No it won't rain today !


I stand watching 
As the clouds above me 
take various forms and shapes 
The chariot turns into a monster 
The mermaids tail into an evil dragon 
The heart floats by 
teasing me , tempting me 
beyond my reach 
And then I see 
The storm cloud 
slowly inching towards me 
mocking me , provoking me 
with the rumbling sound 
inching closer and closer 
I feel the sharp pain
As the harsh wind blows 
across my face
I look up 
and wipe the single tear away 
No it won't rain today ! 

Take Care,

18 comments:

  1. beautifully carried away...
    reminds me of Ghanan Ghanan song :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee for the lovely comment !

      Delete
  2. The kind of words I needed to read right now...thanks ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real good one..with a climax to inspire..

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful lines.. nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well had it rained maybe these beautiful words may not have rained on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or may be i would have written about the rains then ;)

      Delete
  6. "The chariot turns into a monster
    The mermaids tail into an evil dragon" ----Loved these lines. These lines tell the truth of life... loved it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple poetry can be extremely beautiful. Your lines hold testimony to that and I am glad that it did not rain. If it had, probably these words would have been unsaid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Evokes melancholy... beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. allegoric TTT. I am reading between the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Written really well. :0
    I see a monster up there.

    ReplyDelete