Wednesday 9 January 2013

Significance of 10th January and some gyaan

A lot of Historical events took place on 10th January like : 
49 BC - Julius Caesar crosses the Rubicon, signaling the start of civil war.
1642 - King Charles I & family flee London for Oxford
1911 - 1st photo in US taken from an airplane, San Diego
1911 - Honduras signs treaty turning over customs to US (not ratified)
1912 - World's 1st flying boat's maiden flight, (Glenn Curtiss in NY)
1932 - "Mickey Mouse" & "Silly Symphony" comics syndicated
1941 - World War II: The Greek army captures Kleisoura.
1942 - Japan invades North-Celebes, Neth Indies
1944 - British troops conquer Maungdaw, Burma
1946 - 1st radar contact with Moon
1951 - 1st jet passenger trip made
1964 - Panama severs diplomatic relations with US
1966 - India & Pakistan sign peace accord

And then ...

1977 - I was born and all the other events seemed pale in comparison 

So what did I do all these years ?  I enjoyed ! At times it was a roller coaster ride ..at times smooth sailing , but when I look back I can say  definitely that "Yes I enjoyed ! "
I also collected some gyaan on the way and today I feel so good that I have decided to share these gyaan with everyone .


1. A glass full of goodies : It doesn't really matter whether the glass is half full or half empty. Just make sure that it has something that you love in it.  You are not going to worry about a glass filled with bitter juice ...are you ?

2. Don't be afraid to upgrade yourself : While it is important to be yourself and people should love you for what you are , don't be afraid to release a next improved version of yourself if you find any bugs .

3. Accept your weakness :  Yes you are a superman/superwoman. But just discard your super man/woman outfit the moment it shrinks or gets ripped and go for a designer outfit . Laughing , crying , anger all these make us more human.

4. Be out in Sunshine : Try to get your daily dose of sunshine. Apart from the fact that it has got something to do with bones (vit D ???) , sunshine kills the germs in your head . It sometimes gives a completely new perspective of the situation.

5. Practice kindness : It enhances your inner beauty . My face radiates and glows when I as much as lend a pencil to my arch rival. Kindness will definitely take you further than intelligence.

6. Time heals all wounds : Bad things happen to good people also. Time is the best doctor. Cry if you must. Break a few glasses if it makes you happy . But try to take those baby steps and move away from your grief.

 7. People deserve a second chance but not a third : Trust them once ...trust them twice. Its your life man ! Its important . You just can't risk it for every Tom Dick and Harry or Sandra , Preethi and Gurpreet.

8: People cannot read your mind : Do tell them what you are thinking. While you comment I am off to remind people that its my b'day and what gift would really really make me happy .


Take Care,

28 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday dear TTT. Here's wishing you many many more, now that it is scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer:)

    Have a fabulous new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 Jan 1977! Yes, all other events look pale in comparison:)
    Here's wishing you a very happy birthday, Tangy:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday TTT...yeah the super women dress looks awesome...When r u posing a pic in it? :)
    Have fun.
    _____
    http://ektakhetan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! BTW I have already discarded my superwoman outfit ! couldn't handle it :)

      Delete
  4. Happy walla Happy birthday many many happy returns of the day TTT... party timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

    and lovely little pointers .. making of a Good human being

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come over to bangalore ... we will have a blast !!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. A very happy B'day, TTT! Loved all of them but I do take exception to one - I am all for releasing new versions of me - but need it necessarily be 'improved'? :)

    As for people not reading your minds, would anyone really want to? Refer my latest post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suresh it all depends on what you mean by improved. Just to give you an ex I have stopped feeling guilty of little little insincerity towards other . Thats an improved me for myself !

      Ofcourse I have read your post and No ! I don't want anyone to read my mind in that way

      Delete
    2. I know you have and commented on it too TTT! I was only reminding you of it :)

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday :) from the unborn :D I'll be born tomorrow 11 jan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy B'day to you Shreya ! Just enjoy !!!!! Have fun !

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday TTT! HAve a wonderful year filled with gyan, love and slip the stiletto on someone (in words, in words :)...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. thanks Santosh ! and welcome to my space !

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday Tomato. Loved the simplicity of your posts. It did make me smile. First time here. Looking forward to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated birthday wishes TTT!!

    will follow those tips/suggestions except that sunshine thing because that's when i sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb ! With a sunshine personality guess u don't need to go out in the sun :)

      Delete
  11. Superb post <3 this one a lot!!

    Though I know I am a bit late - A very happy belated birthday...

    And thanks a ton for this gyan a much needed dose this was :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh Just saw this post ! Belated Happy Bday TTT ! Loved the way you have presented ! Hope you all the gifts you had in your checklist :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy b'day TT :)
    You have concisely presented the tips to happiness. I'm glad I came across this post.
    May your life be blessed with the tangiest flavours.

    http://surbhibafna.blogspot.in
    Silly Smiles...Take you miles :)

    ReplyDelete